Punjab National Bank is one of the leading banks in India. It is a state-owned corporation with branches in several countries other than India. It was founded about in 1894 and has gradually extended its reach to all the major cities of India. It has a large customer base of more than 80 million customers in India with 6968 branches in 764 cities. You can avail all types of banking services at PNB from basic facilities of deposits and withdrawals to advanced facilities such as internet banking, mobile banking etc. If you are a PNB account holder, you can also set up mobile banking on your mobile. Mobile banking offers you the banking facilities in the simplest and the most convenient form.
Get started with PNB Mobile Banking
The first step to set up banking on your mobile is REGISTRATION. Registration can be done online using debit card details or by logging on to PNB Internet Banking. You can also register offline by submitting Form No: 1167 in your respective branch.
- Using Account Number and Debit Card Details
If you own a valid PNB debit card, you can easily register for mobile banking by visiting the PNB banking website www.netpnb.com. Here are the steps to register:
- Enter www.netpnb.com on your browser to visit PNB website.
- Click on Retail Internet Banking on the top right corner.
- You will be directed to PNB internet banking page. Click on New User.
- Enter your Account Number and Select ‘Register for Mobile Banking’ among three options for Registration Type. Click on Verify.
- You will be required to enter the One Time Password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the required details printed on your debit card and ATM PIN in the respective fields.
- You will get a message on your screen after successful registration for Mobile Banking. Note down your User ID.
Logging on to PNB Retail Internet Banking
If you are already a registered Retail Internet Banking user, you can log on to your account and register for mobile banking.
- Log on to Retail Internet Banking using your login ID and password.
- Go to Personal Settings→Other Settings to activate mobile banking.
If you are not comfortable with online registration of mobile banking, you can opt for offline registration.
- You can obtain the blank form PNB: 1167 for mobile banking registration from any branch of PNB and submit it to your branch after filling up all the details.
- The form can also be downloaded from PNB Internet banking website www.netpnb.com from the download section.
PNB Mobile Banking is available in three forms:
- SMS based Mobile Banking
- GPRS based Mobile Banking
- Application based Mobile Banking
Application based Mobile Banking: It is the most comprehensive form of mobile banking. You can avail maximum features of mobile banking in this version and thus it is the most popular form of mobile banking. However, you need to have a smartphone that allows you to download and install applications to avail this form of mobile banking on your mobile.
Steps to Set up PNB Mobile Banking App for the First Time
- Download the app from the respective app store depending on the operating system of your smartphone.
- Open PNB Mobile Banking App and enter the Customer ID generated during the process of registration. Click on Continue.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP that is received on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Activate’.
- Choose a 4-digit MPIN and enter it twice to confirm. MPIN must be a combination of Numbers. This MPIN will be used to login to Mobile Banking App.
Note: SMS based and GPRS Browser based mobile banking does not require any registration. You can avail them on any mobile with your registered mobile number.